Keri and I are sitting here trying to figure out if the three of us could get to King Supers by tying Skylar's stroller to the back of Micah's mountain bike. Why?... because it is the only set of wheels we have at the moment...
My car is sick, the second time in two weeks that it has been towed to Eric's Automotive. Keri left this afternoon to go to the YMCA and was back two minutes later with a crushing look of defeat. She went to rev up the Xtera and was greeted by the weak "click" of a dead battery.
I borrowed jumper cables from our not-so-friendly tube-top wearing retired neighbor to the left yesterday but maybe borrowing something twice in two days would put further tension on an already strained relationship.
So we are waiting for Micah to get home from work with a pair of jumper cables. I am seriously thinking of investing in a bike to get to work. 10 Miles round trip isn't a bad commute. I could be one of those cool Coloradans that wears a bright yellow safety vest, and attaches a headlight to my helmet. There are 23 stoplights between me and my workplace so riding a bike might actually be faster than driving...
Keri is afraid I will get hit by a car. Personally I have a better driving record on a bike than I do in a car. I have only wrecked on a bike once (went right over the handle bars into a cactus... at least I was the one in the group carrying the First Aid kit). Whereas, I have had several mishaps in a car to include rolling and completely totaling an SUV that was not mine. So statistically the odds are in my favor.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I think you should ride to work. You're already one of the cool Coloradans - Embrace it!
Post a Comment