…50 hours since I left home on Thursday and I can really believe now that we actually will arrive in Ghana. There is just over an hour and a half remaining on our flight. There was a problem with my ticket when I went to check in for my flight and, a British Airway representative tried to tell me that the gate was going to close in 2 minutes and I was not going to make it on that fight because I didn’t have a ticket. My first thought, ”Oh no she didn’t!!”. I have spent the last 48 hours in airports, my original itinerary was changed, I have the spent the last two nights sleeping on the floor in two different airports, and I am tried to attend to all my hygiene needs in airport bathrooms with their stupid sensor faucets that cut off if your hands aren’t positioned the right way in front of the sensor. Thankfully I thought all this and did not verbalize my torrent of frustrated thoughts. As calmly as I could I retold her my story in detail starting with my canceled flight to Chicago and then told her if I wasn’t going to make it on that plane today either British Airways or American Airlines was going to put me in a hotel room for the night because it sounds like they’d had a communication problem. I was told I had a confirmed seat on this flight and she was saying I didn’t have a ticket. By the grace of God, and a few gracious people who let me cut ahead of them going through security I think I made it to the gate 5 minutes before it closed. Thank you Jesus!
All this to say the extra time I spent in London was enjoyable, I did have a few hours to see the city. I saw the Thames River, the London eye, Big Ben, the Parliament building, Westminster Abby, Buckingham palace and Hyde Park. It was still pretty early when I surfaced from the subway so the streets were quiet and the morning beautifully sunny with a slight breeze. It was refreshing to see something other than the inside of an airport. Hopefully getting through customs will be uneventful.
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment