Monday, September 18, 2006

Sailboats!



About once a week I walk the 40 min or so it takes to reach the lighthouse near the port. I am fasicnated by the local fishermen who head out to sea in the afternoon in their sailboats with their homemade plastic or canvas sails. I really want to ride in one but I haven't made friends with any of the fishermen yet =). They stand in their fishing boats and sing before they head out to sea, it's really cool.




Here's a pic of me and my roomies, we recently had our fourth roommate join us. Penny and Anique (from left to right) are both from South Africa and Caroline to my right is from TX just outside of Dallas. They are really fun girls, we all work in different areas on the ship which usually allows each of us to have at least a little bit of alone time in the cabin.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh come on, Nic, no friends to let you ride the sail boats? Hm....
=) conversation, conversation, conversation!=)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you won't have too much trouble making friends with those folks! Just jump in! God gave you a winsome personality...I'm sure you'll be in one of those boats before you know it!!!

~eliz

Anonymous said...

Stay out of small, tipsy boats in 3rd world countries!