It’s sometimes hard to find inspiration in the everyday. I am finding days pass before I even realize where the hours have gone and my weeks tend to run together in a blur of activity. Maybe most of you could say the same of your lives as well. I want to be a person of intention but often find myself tripping along from day to day much like walking through a dark room to find the light switch on the far wall…you think your making good progress until you trip over the pair of shoes that you forgot was in the middle of the floor that weren’t even supposed to be there because you were going to put them away in the closet but then got distracted and so they remained right where you took them off. My life sometimes feels like that…a series of half finished intentions. It gets to be frustrating when I feel like I never finish a single task.
The AIDS work continues to move forward but I am constantly questioning the effectiveness of our program. Are we covering the topics that are most important? Is what we are teaching relevant? Have we lost sight of our objectives or are we still on track? …What track were we on again? I have to confess I have been extremely discouraged after the last several teaching sessions. I don’t know if it’s spiritual warfare, stress…what it is but I have been overly emotional the last several days. I am sure the enemy would like nothing more than to convince me our work is in vain. I have to believe that it is not in vain though. That the information we are passing along to the local churches will take root, that the Lord is stirring their hearts, and that He will accomplish lasting change in Ghana long after the Anastasis pulls up anchor. Romans 5:5 says hope does not disappoint because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts, and that is the hope we must cling to. What other hope do we have?
I have been reading 1 Peter lately and I especially like chapter 1 verse 3 “ Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Christ from the dead. “ Amen
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You're not alone in feeling the overwhelmingness of the weight of the country and the people and the problems...I'm there, too. Just in Korea.
It's so much that I often ask the Lord what positive change could possibly come from a tiny person like me..I know He's able and working all the time in these situations, but that's hard to see sometimes amidst the obsticles and challenges of the everyday...pray for perseverance.
Continue on my friend.
~eliz
Nic,
Work without hope and faith is worthless. Know that you are not alone in your struggles. I was thinking the other day that it might have been just as hard for Paul when he began his travels as well. He persevered.
Love~ nis
Post a Comment