I have to preface this story by saying for past several months I have been looking for just the right pair of tall black boots. I was informed by a fashion savvy friend that they are an essential part of a complete wardrobe and so the search began. I looked in stores and on the Internet and nothing seemed quite right--the style, the heel, the price,etc...
I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into Banana Republic and happened upon 3 different pairs of tall boots, all on sale...the only size left just happened to mine.It seemed destined...
I decided to start with the classy looking black pair with heels.I'm not accustomed to wearing heels so the fact that I was considering them at all was monumental for me. A real milestone in my attempt to reform my fashion sensibility. I am happy at 5'10 but I don't want really want to be over 6ft tall.Major props to all the tall women who carry their height with elegance and poise and still enjoy wearing heels.
The saleslady was doing a wonderful job marketing the shoes, assuring me heels make a woman feel more confident. Saying that women carry themselves differently when they are wearing heels. She gushed that they were a wonderful price, a steal really.
I wasn't sure sure about the heel so decided to try a different pair. I sat down to take off the boots.They wouldn't budge. They were stuck. I had walked around in them 5 minutes too long and my calves had sweated. They may as well been glued to my legs. (kinda gross for the person who does end up buying them).I felt much like the evil step sister in Cinderella when she is trying to cram her huge foot into the dainty glass slipper. Only I had already successfully crammed my foot in and now it was stuck. The sales lady tried not to look horrified as scrambled for some baby powder. There was none (of course they don't keep an emergency stash of baby powder, this has probably never happened). Keri started tugging on the boot, the sales lady started to tug on the boot. As you can imagine, this created a bit of a scene. Other customers were passing by trying not to notice the awkward game tug-o-war going on by the shoe display. I thought for sure the saleslady was going to go flying into the sunglasses display in her attempt to loosen the boot. Keri was the one who successfully freed both of my feet after a 10 minute struggle. I have endured many embarrassing situations but this ranks up there...It would have been one thing if it had happened in a place like shoe carnival or Payless.No one would have noticed. But in Banana Republic where people expect a peaceful, uneventful shopping experience and the salespeople are attentive and there are only ever about 5 people in the store at any given time there was no escaping the attention. Even the cashier came around the counter to help.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
LoL repeatedly! sO aMaZing! -Sarah W
Post a Comment